Saturday, July 24, 2004

Trying to get to London...

So my JetBlue flight from Oakland to NY was cancelled due to weather.
So, day one of my vacation will be spent haggling with agents at
airport ticket counters. I was also planning to visit Paris, but I have no time
for that now. 

I was in total shock when I arrived at the airport and found out that my flight was cancelled.  There were two later JetBlue flights to NY, but they were delayed.  The JetBlue person was nice enough to try to find me a JetBlue flight that would get me to NY in time for my flight to London, but every flight was sold out.  So I sat and waited for the JetBlue agent to find me another flight for 3 hours while people around me checked in their bags going to NY.  He called my other airline and tried to see if they would change my reservation, but they said that I would either have to fly standby, or pay $1500 for a ticket.  So I agreed to go standby to London, and the JetBlue agent refunded my ticket, and purchased another ticket for me on another airline.  


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?