Monday, May 17, 2004

TypePad vs Blogger

So I used to use UserLand Radio My Blog, but I wanted to switch to a different blog host, so I tried out TypePad from SixApart. So I signed up for the 30 day trial, and once registered, I had pretty high hopes for sticking with TypePad. That is until I started to actually use their online tool for managing your blog. First I created a weblog, then I added 3 posts to my weblog. Once the posts were added, I cliked the View Weblog button to view my public blog. Unfortunately my posts were not updated. So I went back and added another post, and tried to view my blog again, but no luck, the post was not added. So then I went and took a look at the help pages, thinking that maybe I was doing something wrong, but I couldn't find anything. So guess what company is NOT getting my money every month? Contrast my experience with Blogger, which has a much simpler registration/weblog creation system. And the good thing about Blogger is that it did what I told it to do: create a post and update my weblog to display that post. It really doesn't take that much to make a customer choose a competitors product over your product, if your product does not perform the way the customer expects it to, based on the published features of your product...

Update: It must just take a while for the new entries to post to the TypePad blog, I can see them now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?